Skip to main content

New design

Yes, you are still on the correct page. I just felt like a new design and I didn't discard any of the old entries. However, the previous photos have gone for the moment, but I'll probably find a way to display those again... In the meantime this link will get you to some new photos I took rather recently.

Today was probably the last nice day of this summer if one's allowed to call it that middle of October. The weather forecast for the next couple of days is rather gloomy and to some extend reminds me of the rainy days in Ireland. Despite the outlook, I'm rather thrilled at the moment.
I recently picked up golf as an new hobby and committed with buying a very affordable set of clubs. I also hit the course a few times already so that I feel I made good use out of the weather. It's so much fun, especially now with leaves turning yellow and red.
I should probably mention that golf is not seen an elite sport, or at least not worse than many other sports, over here (again quite similar to Ireland). One can play rather inexpensively and many condos even have a small booth in the common areas that allow for playing virtual golf (real golf clubs and real ball, but playing against a screen that projects the flight and spin of the ball). So does the condo I'm living in.
As Ontario is changing its colors I decided to change the existing blog design a good bit. If you have a minute let me know what you think. I also uploaded a few new pictures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Years beyond

Many, many years later I'm finally willing to put some time into this blog again. I saw the last post was about a car I bought 3 or 4 cars ago. So it's been a minute.  Today life is different from then. My "firsts" are mostly experiences with the kids, not purchases. Canada as an experience has become tamed and normal for me. Mind you with small kids I have not explored Canada as a whole as much. As with COVID-19 I'm bound to my office at home - similar to many other office workers. So the kids have become a great source of distraction.  I will admit that I'm not missing the commute from the suburbs of the GTA in my daily routing. I like to think that this gives me roughly 90 to 120 minutes back in my day. However considering that I'm crowded every time I want to grab a quick coffee upstairs it probably is be much less.  And yes, I'm in the basement. The coolest and quietest of all the places in the house. Unfortunately, it's also the ugliest and d...

Black Friday

I've tried so far to keep tech out of my blog. Despite all of my previous effort, I decided to break with tradition for this entry. Recently, I bought a MacBook Air which is slick, stylish, lightweight, surprisingly fast and definitely on the pricey side. Actually since it matters for this entry, I have to be a little more precise. I bought the laptop mid November. My old one is almost utterly useless since it gets hot as hell when you 'sleep' deprive it for more than 10 min. As I tend to do, I payed up at once and forgot about the expense almost just as quick. Now, for the next part I have to explain something that not everyone may be aware of. Thanksgiving is a much bigger holiday here in North America than it was in Europe. There is turkey dinner and pumpkin carving and costumes and other traditions that Europeans just don't do, even though at least Germany has the holiday ("Erntedankfest") as well. The date when this happens is a different one for the...

Cherry Blossom in High Park

I have not been very consistent adding posts to the blog. Maybe I can change that now that I finally got around to get a new phone with a better camera; but then again... No promises. As an easy enough start I'm sharing some photos I took in High Park today. The cherry trees are in bloom and both smell and sight are an experience not to be missed. Only drawback are the herds of photo hungry weekend visitors that swarm these few trees like locusts. Nevertheless, I managed to steal a few moments to get my own photo shoot done. I reckon that the quality of the pictures is good enough to share them on the blog. So my thinking is that I can write entries and attach photos on the go. Then, when I get home I'll just do the touch up. That should make it way more convenient for me to add posts. Maybe that's all it takes for me to keep this blog going... I guess we'll find out when I actually get around to make my next entry ;)