Skip to main content

A summer's end - or is it?

Proof? (click to enlarge)
This weekend was a quiet one. Saturday was rainy and with just under 20 degrees (Celsius) comparably cool. I hope this weather does not entirely seclude the summer yet. However, even if it does, I heard the so called Indian Summer (usually 2 weeks) in October is very nice as well. I'll be sure to post some pictures if that's the case. Something to look forward to.

In the mean time, I have started to work once more. After a summer of job search, I'm very happy to have found something that I feel is a very good match. Last week Tuesday was my first workday.
Also, I already joined a gym that is located maybe 10 - 20 sec (!) walk from the office. They have classes like spinning and boxing in their program. Since one of my colleagues is conducting the spinning class on Friday, I went along. Well, not only did I go along, what's more I bravely participated. It's a good sport to show you how unfit you truly are. And even though I walked back to work with wobbly knees, the real feedback hit me (or more precisely my legs and lower back) the day after - hence the lazy weekend.

Comments

  1. Hallo Jan! Alles klar bei euch? Ich wollte dir auch noch herzlich zu deinem neuen Jobs gratulieren und wünsche dir viel Freude dabei! Ich hoffe, es erfüllt das, was du dir vorgestellt hast! Macht Spass immer wieder deine neuen Einträge anzuschauen! Grüsse aus dem regnerischen Zürich :) Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole,

    Ja, hier ist soweit alles im Lot. Thx, fuer die Glueckwuensche zum Job, hatte bis jetzt auch schon einen sehr guten Start.
    Gruesse zurueck aus einem sehr abgekuehlten Toronto,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Years beyond

Many, many years later I'm finally willing to put some time into this blog again. I saw the last post was about a car I bought 3 or 4 cars ago. So it's been a minute.  Today life is different from then. My "firsts" are mostly experiences with the kids, not purchases. Canada as an experience has become tamed and normal for me. Mind you with small kids I have not explored Canada as a whole as much. As with COVID-19 I'm bound to my office at home - similar to many other office workers. So the kids have become a great source of distraction.  I will admit that I'm not missing the commute from the suburbs of the GTA in my daily routing. I like to think that this gives me roughly 90 to 120 minutes back in my day. However considering that I'm crowded every time I want to grab a quick coffee upstairs it probably is be much less.  And yes, I'm in the basement. The coolest and quietest of all the places in the house. Unfortunately, it's also the ugliest and d...

Black Friday

I've tried so far to keep tech out of my blog. Despite all of my previous effort, I decided to break with tradition for this entry. Recently, I bought a MacBook Air which is slick, stylish, lightweight, surprisingly fast and definitely on the pricey side. Actually since it matters for this entry, I have to be a little more precise. I bought the laptop mid November. My old one is almost utterly useless since it gets hot as hell when you 'sleep' deprive it for more than 10 min. As I tend to do, I payed up at once and forgot about the expense almost just as quick. Now, for the next part I have to explain something that not everyone may be aware of. Thanksgiving is a much bigger holiday here in North America than it was in Europe. There is turkey dinner and pumpkin carving and costumes and other traditions that Europeans just don't do, even though at least Germany has the holiday ("Erntedankfest") as well. The date when this happens is a different one for the...

Cherry Blossom in High Park

I have not been very consistent adding posts to the blog. Maybe I can change that now that I finally got around to get a new phone with a better camera; but then again... No promises. As an easy enough start I'm sharing some photos I took in High Park today. The cherry trees are in bloom and both smell and sight are an experience not to be missed. Only drawback are the herds of photo hungry weekend visitors that swarm these few trees like locusts. Nevertheless, I managed to steal a few moments to get my own photo shoot done. I reckon that the quality of the pictures is good enough to share them on the blog. So my thinking is that I can write entries and attach photos on the go. Then, when I get home I'll just do the touch up. That should make it way more convenient for me to add posts. Maybe that's all it takes for me to keep this blog going... I guess we'll find out when I actually get around to make my next entry ;)